Dear Valued Patient:
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to, once again, provide dental care for you and your family. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be different.
• We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office. Your temperature will be taken upon arrival. If either your temperature is elevated you answered “yes” to any of the screening questions, your appointment will be rescheduled.
• You will be asked to sign the Ontario Dental Association’s Patient Acknowledgement: COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Dental Risk form.
• You will be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and to call us at 416-536-2626, when you arrive. We will let you know when you can enter the office.
• We ask that you enter the office unaccompanied, with the exception of a parent accompanying a child or a translator. We are limiting traffic in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
• Please brush/floss your teeth well before your appointment, as we do not have a designated location for you to do so.
•We ask that you and/or your child use the washroom before your appointment begins, if you need it.
•Please inform us up to 2 weeks after your visit to our clinic, if you test positive for COVID or are experiencing any symptoms.
• Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, water or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
• Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• We will be wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
• Please wear a mask from home when you enter the office and keep it on until we ask you to remove it. We can provide a face mask if you don’t have one. Extra fees will apply. You cannot enter the office without a mask.
• Please bring your own pen and protective glasses (these can be your regular glasses or sunglasses) for your appointment.
•You will be asked to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse before your procedure.
•Appointments must be scheduled in advance. We cannot take “walk-ins”. Please call or email us for an appointment. If you need urgent care, please call us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
For your added protection, we have taken the following measures:
• We have placed doors on all rooms, to contain any aerosols.
• We have ordered state of the art air filters from Surgically Clean Air, for each room. With these, the air will be fully cleaned and replaced every 2-4 minutes, in each room.
• Glass has been placed around each reception desk to limit exposure to one another.
• All common areas and touch surfaces will be wiped down frequently.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
To make an appointment, call our office at (416)-536-2626 or click on the "Appointment Request" tab on this website.